Want to create your own website? Not sure where to start? Puzzled by buzzwords and jargon?
This up-to-the-minute book (recently updated to cover WordPress 4.4) will take you step-by-step through everything you wish to have to know in order to quickly and easily create your own fully functional, attractive and professional looking website. What’s more, You are able to do all of this without having to understand or write a single line of code.
The author has been actively developing websites in WordPress since it first came out in 2003, and continues to develop websites in WordPress for himself and his clients.
In this book he will show you how you too can use WordPress to create the website you wish to have.
Here’s Just Some Of What You can Learn In This Book…
- Choosing the best domain name, and why getting this right is so important
- Different types of hosting account, and the key things to look out for when choosing somewhere to host your website
- Different (but easy) ways to install WordPress, as well as how to to set up WordPress in single site and multi-site mode (something most books shy away from)
- WordPress concepts fully explained.
- Before you even create a single post or page You can discover how to confgure WordPress so that it is set up as it should be,
- Options for getting your site looking exactly the way you wish to have it, including how to build your own stunning WordPress theme — without having to write a single line of code!
- How to change, fortify, and add to WordPress’s functionality through plugins, to get your website to behave exactly as you wish to have.
- Securing your site against malware, attacks, and spammers
- Setting up your website up for optimal SEO configuration. Having worked as a SEO consultant the author has plenty of great advice to share with you that you won’t find elsewhere.
- How to easily create the essential pages that every website should have for your site to look credible to customers and the search engines
- Different ways to add images and video to your site
- How to write and publish your content, or schedule it to be auto-published at a later date and time
- Plus lots more!
What Type Of Website Will You Be Able To Create After Reading This?
The book takes you step by step through setting up an example website. It covers the core principles that you wish to have to know to create any type of WordPress site. The author is fully versed in creating business and personal websites, such as ecommerce, membership, sales page, affiliate, and niche websites, and guides you through what you wish to have to know about each of these, and advises on among the best way to set them up.
Is This Book Right For You?
If you wish to have to do plugin or theme development in PHP, or hand code posts, pages, and just about everything from scratch, then this is definitely not the book for you. This book is perfect for you if you are the sort of person who wants to build a great looking website quickly, without messing about with programming code. Using the techniques and tools shown in this book it is possible for you to to build a well optimized, great looking website that does exactly what you wish to have. You are able to create your own themes, and build your own website with confidence, all without touching a single line of code. If you wish to have stunning results but are more confident typing a letter, than you are at writing lines of programming code, then buy this book.